Friday, September 28, 2007

oh, and with apologies to red sox fans

Know what I did last night?

Hint:

Sadly, there's no photo of me in my classic Twins t-shirt (I can't find a link to the old logo, but it's great - Minneapolis Man and St. Paul Man shaking hands across the Mississippi River) and baseball cap, alone among a sea of Red Sox paraphenalia.

Except I actually wasn't alone - there were at least five Twins fans in my row... but did they cheer on their team? Did they dare to clap when Joe Nathan came on in the 8th and miraculously got us out of a very tight spot? Not so much.

Obviously they've never been an opposing-team fan in Yankee Stadium. After (living through) that, I was fairly confident I wouldn't get killed at Fenway.

Oh what a game. Too bad for the Sox, who certainly needed it much more than we did. Yes, I hate the Yankees as much as any self-respecting American Leaguer outside New York City, and I'd rather - big-picture-wise - that the Red Sox had beaten us last night. But ultimately I'm a Twins fan and my team won a nail-biter in the rain at Fenway Park on a balmy September evening.

Doesn't get much better than that.

No comments: