Tuesday, September 18, 2007

lest you think too highly of me

Way back in July, when I went to the Falcon Ridge Folk Festival (can you believe that was almost two months ago??), I carpooled with my friend Zoe. I got to her house, unloaded my festival camping gear, and got the car ready to leave in front of her place over the weekend.

Except the passenger window wouldn't roll up. It's started to do this lately, as the electrical connections in my poor, overworked little Civic seem to be entering their twilight days. None of the driver-side controls seem to have quite the vigor that they once did. It hasn't been a really big problem, but it was supposed to rain pretty much all weekend, so I didn't really want the window rolled down.

With Zoe's help, I devised a garbage-bag-over-the-window scheme, complete with massive amounts of duct tape. The ultimate in classy car decoration. But hey, it did pour all weekend, and when I got back to my car, it was dry inside.

And a few days ago (yes, looooong after this whole incident occurred), I had an epiphany: Yes, the driver-side controls aren't working. But the passenger-side controls are fine. I didn't have to duct-tape a garbage bag over my car. I just had to lean across and use the passenger window control before turning the car off.

Can I blame this on the lack of emphasis on practical knowledge in college-level liberal arts education?

Or should I be trying to prove to you that really, no really! I have a college degree, I swear! Let's just say I wasn't a technology major.

1 comment:

waterskibarb said...

That's okay Rachel, that's what keeps me in business! :-)