Wednesday, September 26, 2007

my brother is a loser!

In the best possible way. Look for the Report From Week 728 - he's on page 2: "Dogastrophe".

The best part is that he didn't even know until he got his prize in the mail, because it was printed Saturday, and he and most of his friends were doing something else on Saturday.

If you don't know what the Washington Post Style Invitational is... well, it's hard to explain. Every week they put out a call for entries on that week's topic, generally something requiring both creativity and silliness. They're usually hilarious to read. People whose entries are picked receive some sort of dubious prize, not to mention the official title of "loser." I believe that's a (joking) character judgment based on the fact that said people apparently have nothing better to do than think up interesting entries to the Style Invitational.

Go Dan!

2 comments:

violindan said...

Yes, that is exactly what I and most of my friends were doing on Saturday.

violindan said...

And thank you! My "prize" is a magnet that says, "It's a dishonor just to be nominated." With it I got a letter ("Congratulations — you lose") thanking me for taking too much time away from family and friends in order to submit an entry.