Tuesday, September 11, 2007

good music, good cause

I know I just emailed a lot of people about this, but since at least a few of my blog readers are (amazingly) not actually relatives or close friends of mine...

Putamayo, the company responsible for making "world music" somewhat known and cool to many Americans who would otherwise think the Buena Vista Social Club were the only non-American musicians in existence, has put out a new CD called "World Hits."

It's good, it's relatively inexpensive, and most importantly (to me and the reason I'm telling you this), a portion of the proceeds from CD sales will be donated to World Learning, the organization I work for.

So, if you like interesting music and might be interested in a good sampling of it, there are so many reasons for you to go buy this CD. (And might I stand on several soapboxes at once and suggest you buy it from your local independent music store or gift shop? Thanks.)

No comments: