Saturday, September 1, 2007

recently added to the Awesome list

1. Last night I went to the drive-in movie theater for their (apparently) annual end-of-the-season (drive-in movie season, that is) quadruple feature. I have been meaning to get to the drive-in all summer and have consistently failed, so when I realized that not only was it my last chance to go there until next summer, but the Bourne Ultimatum (which I've been waiting to see on as large a screen as humanly possible) playing this weekend, it was obviously time.

I convinced three friends from work (how sweet is it to be able to consider coworkers friends, and to work with people who will do fun things like this with me!) and a couple other friends to head down there. And we took the dog, who proceeded to be majestically cute the entire time, especially when he developed a crush on my friend Ben and they both fell asleep curled up under Ben's blanket. We saw Evan Almighty, the Simpsons Movie, and Bourne back-to-back (-to-back). That's about five hours of movies. We left before Invasion, because it was 1:00am and I was getting up at 7:00am to help friends move this morning (Happy September 1st!). And because, seriously, have you actually heard anything good, or anything at all, about that movie?

Bonus: my friends are the Creatively Prepared types, so in addition to the obligatory lawn chairs and blankets to sit on, we had pillows and extra blankets and a grocery bag full of homemade seasoned popcorn and bread and cheese and several kinds of spreads and oodles of other snacks. And beer, except apparently drinking it there violates open container laws (we were warned beforehand, so that we didn't find out firsthand). Oh well.

2. Today after getting up too too early and glorying in the perfect late summer day while helping two friends move (into two different apartments), I came back to Brattleboro and ate my usual delicious Indian food lunch at the Brattleboro Farmers Market. And then I saw the crepe stand. And let's be honest here, I did some damn hard work this morning. So I treated myself to one of the most delicious concoctions I've tasted in a long time - a crepe consisting of fresh (local) peaches and blueberries, (local) maple cream cheese, freshly whipped (local) cream and spices wrapped in a freshly-made still-warm thin pancake. OHMYGOODNESSYUM.

Edit: 3. Not having to pay three people's rent as of today. My roommate decided to stay (with the dog!! YAAAAAY!!) and another woman who comes highly recommended by one of my work/drive-in-movie buddies is on her way here (from Indiana) to move in with us while she finishes her last semester of grad school at SIT. Which means we'll be looking for someone again come December, but for now, PARTY ON!

1 comment:

Adina@adinagordon.com said...

Geez Louise, it's about time for some good news! Hooray for housemates! Sounds like a great night at the drive-in, and I can't wait to try a crepe. Aloha from a new place that should soon show up on your blog map!