Thursday, September 4, 2008

time bomb

I may not really blog at all over the next ten weeks, but rather just pass along the excellent points of others. Like this one, the full title of which I'm going to share because it's just so good (as is the article):

Ask Not What Bristol Palin Can Do For You, Ask What Sarah Palin Can Do For Your Pregnant Daughter.


Is anyone else terrified at the thought of Sarah Palin being one (old, jowly) heartbeat away from the Presidency? Why isn't EVERYONE terrified at that thought? I'm not saying that as a proud liberal, feminist and Obama supporter; I'm saying it as someone who feels really lucky in life in this country and on this planet, who is scared and saddened more than enough at the current state of things and the dire need for us to begin repairing some of the damage of not just the past eight years but really the past 50 or 100.

How in the world does anyone think she could do a good job as President? From what I've seen so far, her greatest strength is that she's good at biting retorts and degrading comments, not to mention glossing over hypocrisy on personal vs social issues (see link above). Good for campaigns, useless and dangerous in leadership.

But then, it's starkly obvious that John McCain's campaign is only about getting to the Presidency, not being a good President. It's insulting to me, particularly as a woman, and, frankly, it's pathetic. Or would be if it weren't so scary.

Oops, I guess I just blogged after all.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very good......

violindan said...

What's the link?