Thursday, September 4, 2008

feeling less alone

I don't think anyone is more surprised than me that my very favorite thing to read on the internet, besides the webpage of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (yes, really) is a blog by an ex-Mormon married mother in suburban Utah. Then again, she somehow appeals to a whole lot of us, apparently. And today I love her more than pretty much ever before.

And here's my favorite comment on the post (though I did not read all 452 of them), from someone named Adrienne:

"I keep looking at Palin like, really? that's...the best they could come up with? And I'm not a little bit offended that the Republican party seems to think I'll look at her and say "OMG, *you* have ovaries? *I* have ovaries! I should TOTALLY vote for you and that guy who was lobotomized by the Republican party two years ago in return for the CHANCE of being president!" As though, perhaps, the presence of my ovaries renders me retarded..."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Julie's been big into dooce recently, too.

Saray said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Saray said...

I read Dooce every day and I love it. Let me tell you, that entry had be standing up and pumping my fist in the air...in the middle of the law school library.

-Sara