Sunday, December 16, 2007

actually, this deserves your full attention

I linked to this in my previous post, but after watching the whole thing I believe it is urgently important to share this with as many people as possible. Click on the banner above and go watch the video. Share it with your friends and anyone else who might benefit from a really easy-to-understand explanation of why the way we live is terrible for ourselves and our planet, and how we can do so much better.

This isn't a finger-wagging diatribe, don't worry. It is, instead, 20 minutes of interesting, fun-to-watch, easy-to-digest motivation that the wealthy human beings in this world (and that includes me, you, and just about everyone we know) have a whole lot of power to make much better choices, and that doing so isn't about depriving ourselves, but about changing the system so that it we stop allowing it to take advantage of us.

Note: I wonder about some of the statistics in this video and I'm sure there are more than a few people out there who will call it leftist whining and surely some who will offer opposing statistics. But overall it makes a lot of sense to me and offers a new way to look at the issues of sustainability and responsibility. And that's at least a place to start.

No comments: