Friday, July 6, 2007

wild blue yonder

I am racing to finish... well, not really finish, but make sufficient headway on... the many many things I need to do before leaving work this afternoon and driving to JFK airport (four hours away, and yet somehow the most convenient for this trip) to fly to Ireland!

For the next week, I will be
here doing this. This is terrifically exciting. I haven't sung in an organized group since I moved to Vermont in March, and I've certainly never sung in a group like the one I will be with next week. An impromptu, intense, co-ed, multinational chorus. I'm hoping for a week of getting to know current friends much better and making some amazing new friends.

Side note: the thing that always truly amazes me most about the world is how many wonderful people and potential friends there are in it. Do you ever think about that? I'm also absurdly lucky to keep having the opportunities to find these people and sense the potential out there.

The week after the workshop I plan to go where the wind blows me and look for the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

All this will likely keep me quite busy, and I don't plan to be blogging or checking email until I return to the U.S. Though if I find the gold, I promise to post a picture of it. Unless the leprechauns steal my camera.

Have a wonderful mid-July!

1 comment:

Moti and Amanda said...

Oh you're going to have such an incredible time!! Safe travels, hon!