Sunday, August 17, 2008

this blog is going to the dogs. don't worry, it will come back.

The best part of yesterday was having so many people show up to help me move that it took only a couple of hours, which is really far less than I deserve. I love my community. The contra dancing community (+ Ben) moving company really should give it a go. We're damn good at this. I had the whole afternoon and evening to unpack and move things around and start to get the place settled.

The worst part of yesterday was realizing that I actually had to say goodbye to The Dog, who is going to Maine today with his actual owner. It's a very good thing, since I'm not living there anymore, the house is pretty empty without my furniture, and he'll love being in Maine with his (human) mama and lots of space to run around. But to give you an idea, I'm almost crying right now at the memory of saying goodbye to him.

Conclusion: I really love my new apartment. And I really, really miss The Dog.

2 comments:

waterskibarb said...

Can't wait to see it, see you in 4 days!!!!!!

Joey said...

Wish I could have made it to help you move, and am glad that you gots lots of help!