Thursday, May 10, 2007

multiple kinds of joy

Sometime in the past few days here in my happy little corner of Vermont we hit the tipping point between spring and sprung. The fields and lawns turned green a week or two ago, but now the trees really have leaves and the hills are so alive that Julie Andrews actually stands singing at the top of each one.

And now we're having a real true thunderstorm! Nothing close to the Midwestern storms of my youth, those which made me first fear and then love the wild beauty and unpredictability of a great thunderstorm, but a storm nonetheless. The smell of rain on new leaves and the incredible vivid greenness of the world now as the sun peeks back out now are better than any gift I could ever get.

Now I'm on my way out to drive for a very very long time a whole other part of the country to relax in beautiful mountains, play with wonderful friends, and dance the weekend away. I know that sounds suspiciously close to what I do here, but you don't understand. This is LEAF, and that's something else entirely. Hope to see you there!

No comments: