Wednesday, October 22, 2008

still here

Between Wednesday and Monday I spent a total of approx. 36 hours in the car.

The rest of those days I was learning about domestic and sexual violence and child abuse (woohoo), dancing, (re)connecting with some great people, listening to live music, having wonderful conversations with trusted friends who are being excellently helpful on the question of what the heck I'm doing with my life, being freezing cold and totally sick, starting to collaboratively write my first contra dance, and laughing a whole lot. And having almost no internet or phone access. It was, as usual, life-affirming in many, many ways.

Now I'm back in the real world and drowning in my inbox at work and needing to be much more intensely focused on Rachel-getting-into-grad-school activities, and wishing for more time to focus on a few other things (and folks), not to mention wishing I needed much less sleep.

The good news is that I'm not planning to spend more than an hour in the car any day between now and November 5. Well... an hour at a time, anyway...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

RE: Who'se reading -
Another contradancer, from South Florida. Old hippy; couchsurfer; used to work with/for abused children.
I enjoyed reading this entry. @};-
Have you considered sleeping in the car? (someone else driving :^))