Tuesday, November 20, 2007

definitely a question i've never been asked before

A couple years ago I led a group of Yeshiva University students on an AJWS Alternative Breaks trip to Honduras. I am now, amusingly, on the email list for the YU Commentator student newspaper. A couple days agod I got an email that asked:

"Are you 'rabbi' enough for Young Israel?"

I can only hope this is the lead-in to the next hit reality TV show on some Orthodox cable channel in New York.

But yeah... I'm pretty sure the answer is a resounding "no." Sorry to disappoint you, YU. I'm sure we'll both get over it.

2 comments:

nadav said...

hey rachel! thanks for the shout out. I bet you didn't know I read your blog. I do, and I enjoy it. Reading of your escape to the mountains from the city sometimes keeps me sane.
Anyway, the point of the article was that the national Young Israel board now needs to approve the rabbis hired by its member congregations. So your community cant just hire whoever they want. So "you" wasn't you (or even general recipients of the email,) but the candidates for pulpits of young israels around the country.

The Monkeyhippy said...

Wow, you read my blog? Thanks! I didn't really think it was aimed at me; I just thought it was funny. And I'm glad I posted it, because now I know you read my blog :)