Friday, June 27, 2008

from poetry to...

While it's true that, like most Vermonters, I mostly eat granola and hug trees, as you know I do like a few aspects of "pop" culture. The one that really makes me seem freakish to most of my community here is that I love sports, and the one that doesn't make me a freak but does force me to drive a ways to find a friend who actually owns a TV is my annual addiction to the best darn TV show in primetime: So You Think You Can Dance (otherwise known to its supremely creative loyal fans at SYTYCD).

I'm not going to say much about the latter except that this week was AMAZING and I highly recommend checking out some YouTube videos* of Wednesday's performances. See, Thursday night is TV Night, in which I and several of my hippie friends gather at RaRo's (aka Friend With Television) house and watch Wednesday's episode on tape before watching the live results show. It's a beautiful tradition that I firmly believe should last forever and ever.

But back to the sports thing, for the few of you far-away friends (and strangers who read my blog? I love finding out that strangers are reading my blog. I hope you enjoy it. Hi, Patti in Seattle!) who actually share this interest. Or maybe I'm just talking to my brother here. Anyway, we are in the thick of sports fun these days, between the Celtics and baseball season and one of the best Euro Cup tournemants in years. Also, the NBA draft just happened, and while I don't actually have the time or interest to follow it in minute detail, the ESPN.com commentary is hilarious.

Today is meandering along, and I'm just counting down until I can skip away from the computer and go on a swimming and picnic outing with the Adventure Man and then head down to what promises to be a ridiculously good dance. TGIF, I'm telling ya.

*Update: the copyright people for the network are trolling YouTube and the links might have been taken down. If you're really motivated you can search YouTube for "Kerrington & Twitch hip-hop", "Chelsea and Mark hip-hop" and "Katee and Joshua samba."

No comments: