Saturday, February 2, 2008

shameless appeal for money, take II

Just a reminder that I'll be jumping in the freezing cold ocean next week for a really good cause, and I really hope you'll consider making a donation.

Frankly, the DIAL/SELF team is nowhere near where we were with pledges at this time last year, even with more people on our team. And I know we all get asked for money a lot, and you probably already give to some good causes, and that is truly wonderful. And we all have to decide where to put our finite resources, because very few of us can actually give money to all the worthy causes out there.

But (you knew there was a "but" coming, right?) if you can find it in you to give a few bucks so that homeless teenagers around here have a safe place to sleep and access to some resources that could get them off the streets and on track to better opportunities, please consider pledging.

THANK YOU.

Did I mention this involves me jumping in the freezing cold ocean? :) Would it help for you to just think of this as paying good money to see me do something ridiculous? I promise to post photos!

No comments: