Tuesday, April 17, 2007

balance

I think I might have found the perfect spot. I have a job that I can feel really invested in but not so much so that programmatic decisions I disagree with feel personally eviscerative. I feel like people will come out of the programs I send them on having had a transformative experience, but not potentially at the expense of local communities and NGOs (not that they don't benefit in many ways, too... this is a MUCH longer conversation...). And at 5:00 I take my 10-minute drive home and cook dinner and read books all evening, or walk downtown and go to the co-op and browse the independent CD shop and bookstores. The work is interesting, and then I put it down and leave it behind to live my life. AND I have health insurance. Um, wow.

There you have it: the 1.5-full-weeks-of-life-in-VT update. Summary: HAPPY.

This is really all a ploy to mask the fact that I forgot to take a picture of the dog.

No comments: